- SPN: So there's this guy who was raised on the road by his father to hunt monsters after his mother was pinned to the ceiling and burned alive by a demon when he was four years old
- Viewers: Ok
- SPN: Now he's taken over the family business with the help of his little brother whom he pretty much raised, who is also a monster hunter.
- Viewers: Sounds cool!
- SPN: They also both happen to look like underwear models, be geniuses, have Wolverine-like healing capacity except when they don't, fight like MMA champions, are experts with all kinds of crazy weapons and the monster lore of dozens of cultures, and drive an incredibly badass and distinctive and fuel-inefficient classic car that can get them anywhere in North America in less than a day's drive and have unlimited financial resources except when they don't because reasons.
- Viewers: No problem!
- SPN: Werewolves, ghosts, spirits, djinn, urban legends, fifty-six pantheons of Gods, angels, demons, vampires, shapeshifters, wendigo, water monsters, fairies, and hundreds of other supernatural creatures are totally real and running around suburbia but can all be killed or destroyed no matter how ageless and powerful in at most two seasons of prime-time television.
- Viewers: Awesome!
- SPN: One of the brothers has psychic powers from his addiction to Demon Blood and the other was brought back from hell after selling his soul and they are the fated vessels of the archangels Michael and Lucifer in the Apocalypse, which can only be stopped by collecting the Rings of the Four Horsemen, making a deal with Death, and beating Lucifer in a telepathic wrestling match.
- Viewers: How compelling!
- SPN: Soullessness and Leviathan and the angel is now God and now not and likes bees but only for a few episodes and they're the most wanted men in the country except when they're not any more and everyone forgets that they were even when they walk into law enforcement places and dick jokes and Alpha Monsters and Eve and spending a year in Purgatory making best friends with a vampire and angel operating systems and tablets and prophets and the gates of Heaven and Hell!
- Viewers: Bring it on!
- SPN: And it's possible the older one may have developed non-platonic feelings for a guy even though he's usually into women.
- Viewers: OMG ARE YOU CRAZY THAT'S COMPLETELY RIDICULOUS THAT MAKES NO SENSE AT ALL PEOPLE DON'T DO THAT HE'S SO NOT GAY HOW ARE WE SUPPOSED TO SWALLOW SOMETHING LIKE THAT I JUST CAN'T EVEN WTF I DON'T KNOW AAAAAAUUUUGHHH?!?!?!
I believe in Destiel.
I ship Destiel.
I support LGBT+ rights and queer representation in media.
I believe that Dean is bisexual and that sexual orientation is irrelevant to Cas.
I believe that Destiel will and should “go canon.”
I believe that the show has given and continues to give strong indications that it will.
I believe that Misha and Jensen would be willing to explore that option for their characters.
I believe it would be good for ratings in the most desired demographic for the CW.
I believe the public is ready.
I believe that canon Destiel can and would and will be good for the show overall as well as for the LGBT+ community.
I believe in the profound bond, the hunter and his angel, the Sword of Michael with the Shield of God, they are my OTP forever and ever amen.
I also believe that now is not the right time for the characters, the story arc, or the show to pursue that kind of relationship there.
I want to see them continue to build and strengthen both Dean and Castiel. I want to see Castiel attain agency and free will. I want to see them rebuild their trust and friendship. I want to see them realize their feelings independently. And then, oh Jesus Christ dancing on a pride parade float in a shower of rainbow glitter and ducks, I will prepare a glorious feast for the festivities, I will shout it from the rooftops, I will be giddy beyond all rationality!
I WANT DESTIEL TO BE CANON.
But not yet.
Because I love it enough that I would rather have it right than have it right now.
where can i sign this
this is it
this is the exact moment i sold my soul to this show
and the pilot wasn’t even over yet
do you see our problem
that smile took my soul and ate it.
I AM NOT ALONE
i’m in an abusive relationship with my bed